Thursday 10 May 2012

My Most Interesting Thing: The wooden Monk



1.) What is it?
A small wooden monk - you will find it in the vault

2.) Why have you chosen it?
It is small enough to hold in your hand, and Sir Edward, after entertaining guests for dinner would pass it to someone at the table for an 'appriasal'.  When the guest held it the monk's habit drops down and his member pops up.

3.) When did it catch your eye?
I was given the task of displaying all of the exhibits in the vault by Alan Smith.  It was a thing that surprised me and made me laugh.  It shows that Sir Edward had a great sense of humour.

4.) If it was yours, what would you do with it?
Have as much fun as Sir Edward did!

5.) What stuff do you collect?
Small frogs from all of the countries I have visited overseas.  The sit on my kitchen windowsill and give me lovely thoughts as I do the washing up.  I would love Edwards collection of frog mugs.

Chosen by: Jill Argent, President of the Friends of Carrick Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment